Towing Accessories MN
Do you use your truck for towing? Then you need towing accessories! We have everything you need to haul with your truck, including hitches, balls, brake controllers and more. We have many brands and options for you to find the best fit for your towing needs. When you need towing accessories in MN, visit Toppers & More in South Saint Paul.
Whether you need a receiver, gooseneck or fifth wheel hitch, we can help! We carry many of the top manufacturers, including B&W, Reese, Draw-Tite, Curt, Rigid and more. We can help you get the right hitch and accessories to match your truck and what you’ll be towing. With years of experience in the industry, our experts at Toppers & More can answer your questions and help you find the best solution for your needs. Towing something with your truck is serious business. You don’t want the wrong hitch or hookup. It could spell disaster. We will do our part to make sure the accessories you purchase at our store will be safe and reliable when towing with your truck.
Tips for Safe Towing
Safety is so important when towing with your truck. In addition to having the right towing accessories, there are some other important things to consider before you head down the road.
Here are some tips for safe towing:
- Stay within your limits – Make sure you review the towing capacity of your specific vehicle and ensure it’s capable of handling the weight of your trailer. You also want to make sure your trailer hitch is capable of handling your trailer’s loaded weight. Each hitch should be labeled with the maximum trailer and maximum tongue weights it can safely support. You can also refer to the owner’s manual for your vehicle to check towing capacity.
- Pack the trailer properly – It’s important to ensure any cargo you are hauling is properly positioned. You should have 60 percent of the trailer’s load placed in the front half of the trailer. Weight should also be evenly distributed on the left and right sides of the trailer.
- Check brakes – Heavier trailers or ones designed to carry heavier loads should have a trailer brake system. Brake controllers should be tested when you hook up and start driving. You should also make sure the emergency breakaway cable is properly attached to your tow vehicle. This is designed to trigger the brakes on the trailer and quickly bring it to a halt if it somehow disconnects from the hitch.
- Check tires – This is important for both the towing vehicle and the trailer. Tries not properly inflated can negatively affect handling. It’s also a good idea to check the spare tire to be sure it’s properly inflated.
- Check lights – Tail lights and marker lamps on trailers are important. Larger trailers can obscure the lights on your vehicle. Trailer lights are especially important when driving at night so others can see your trailer.
- Adjust mirrors – Before taking off, make sure the side view mirrors on your vehicle are adjusted so you can see to the end of your trailer. For longer trailers, mirror extensions may be needed.
Towing Accessories from Toppers & More
It’s exciting to hook up your truck to a camper or trailer and take off down the road. Just make sure you have the towing accessories and knowledge you need to do so safely. When you are looking for towing accessories in MN, visit Toppers & More. You can give us a call at 651-451-1808 or contact us with any questions.